June 7, 2021
SUMMARY: The Woes of Water Managers in the Colorado River Basin
NEWS & OPINION
News by Date
- February 26, 2021 - USU Study #6: Alternative Management Paradigms for the Future of the Colorado and Green Rivers. (archived here).
- April 15, 2021 - The Water Report: Saving the Colorado River (demand management). James Eklund.
- April 19, 2021 - The April 2021 24-Month Study was a shocker, but is it too optimistic? Eric Kuhn.
- April 27, 2021 - Pumping up fear along the Colorado River. George Sibley.
- April 29, 2021 - 9th Circuit Revives Navajo Nation's Water Rights Claim Against DOI. Rueters.
- May 4, 2021 - New normals: The Southwest has grown hotter and drier over the past decade, data shows. NOAA 30-year averages since 1901. Ian James of Arizona Republic.
- May 11, 2021 - Arizona Legislature Urges Congress to study feasibility of harvesting Mississippi River floodwaters to replenish Colorado River supply. Rep. Dunn.
- May 13, 2021 - Colorado River water community can solve problems without tossing compacts. Tyrell (response to Sibley).
- May 14, 2021 - The Hoover Dam made life in the West possible. Or so we thought. Timothy Egan in NY Times.
- May 14, 2021 - 9th Circuit rebukes U.S. on Native interests in Colorado River rights. Hank Lacey of Law Week Colorado.
- May 18, 2021 - Arizona's aquifers remain at risk from "unsustainable" pumping. Tony Davis of Arizona Daily Star.
- May 27, 2021 - Predicting the future: Science Moab speaks with Dr. Kevin Wheeler about the future of the Colorado River in Moab Sun News.
- May 27, 2021 - Epic drought tests Hoover Dam as water levels In Lake Mead plummet. Ian James of Arizona Republic.
- June 2, 2021 - Foreign firms sucking "virtual" water from America's parched Southwest. Diana Kruz of Mother Jones.
- June 2, 2021 - Mega-Dairies: Disappearing wells and Arizona's deepening water crisis. Tony Davis in The Guardian.
- June 2, 2021 - Amid dire Colorado River outlook States plan to tap their Lake Mead savings accounts. Brett Walton of Circle of Blue.
- June 6, 2021 - Dry times, dire consequences, poor runoff, adds to water woes. Dennis Webb of Grand Junction's Daily Sentinel.
- June 10, 2021 - Red Alert: Lake Mead declines to new low as Colorado River crisis deepens. Ian James of Arizona Republic.
- June 13, 2021 - Lake Powell Pipeline targets water promised to Utes in scheme Tribe sees as another racially based scheme. Emma Penrod and special for Salt Lake Tribune.
- June 14, 2021 - Salton Sea, long a disaster, is on the brinK of major collapse. OpEd by Frank Ruiz in The Desert Sun.
News by Subject: Drought Contingency Planning (DCPs)
News by Subject: Tribal Water
News by Subject: River Augmentation
News by Subject: The Salton Sea (geologic through) News by Subject: Central Arizona Project and Groundwater Depletions
Back | Top
Last Update: October 30, 2007